Skip to main content

Let's give it a go 2018!

So this is it... my umpteenth attempt at trying to maintain a healthy lifestyle!  Maybe this time it will be different... maybe this time I'll actually lose some weight... maybe this time I'll make it last (for more than a week)...
MAYBE...
In all honesty, I'm not holding my breath!  It's not that I don't want to be healthy, or lose weight, or that I'm not willing to try a bit harder this time... but, I never want to enter into a new year making myself some asinine promise that there's the slightest chance I can't keep, or it could ruin the whole year as soon as I fail in week #2!  And that's a lot of weeks left to suffer through as a complete and udder failure just because I'm better at being chunky than not.

The thing is, this time it feels a bit different.  Possibly because this week's recipes actually sound delicious!  After nearly a decade of collecting and pinning and testing and eating, maybe I've finally found a good food plan that will sustain me for more than a week before getting bored!  Or maybe it's that my most precious little bundle of joy that is often disguised as the craziest crying ball of energy this side of hell, is still struggling with tummy issues from this "fructose malabsorption" craze that I'm not buying into.
But whatever the reason, and however hard it's going to be, or however quickly I end up failing - here we are again.  Embarking on a new year and a new plan for a new me!  Well, and my family too, I hope.

So, starting today, I invite you along to struggle through with me.  It might not be very entertaining or successful, but maybe you'll find it even the slightest bit helpful if you're gonna try to push through the new year right along side the rest of busy moms trying to stay afloat every day!




Comments