Skip to main content
Weds, JANUARY 3rd, 2018

Man alive, I AM NOT good at this...  here I am feeling like I want to eat everything I could possibly get my hands at 9 o'clock at night, and I should have no reason to be hungry!  But, I sure am.  And being the fool that I am, I did not buy or prepare any snacks to help get through.  They say the first 7 days are the hardest.  Hardest habits to break, hardest to get through without cheating, hardest to not get cranky, hungry or hangry on!  And I've always found that to be true... probably why most times I give up before I even reach day seven.  And then I try again, and the cycle continues.  But in the long run, I usually end up feeling a little better after having several clean days with a few not-so-clean days in between. 
And just when I think I'm gonna make it, and continue on the good path to the clean eating lifestyle - something pops up and gets in the way.  Sickness, travel plans, family emergency, etc... Something, always something. 
But that's life!  And that's what separates the strong and successful, fit and healthy families from the rest of us.  But I'll keep trying...

After staying up a bit too late (1130pm) because we were hooked on this darn Netflix series, Narcos...
5:30am - wake up and workout with Shaun T again
6:15am - pack lunches and get ready for work
7:15am - chunky monkey breakfast (cut up banana with all natural peanut butter and coconut flakes)
8:00am - start to a pretty big project day at work, knew I'd be struggling for a few hours and without snacks or food...
11:00am - break time, back at the office.  Half corn tortilla with ham and 1/4 slice of cheddar.
Certainly not much of a snack, but it was the other half of my son's lunch I threw in bag just in case!
1:00pm - lunch time, 2 beef & chicken street tacos (leftover) with small side salad.
3:00pm - half can of lemonade Rockstar
HEY!  We all have our vices!  If I'm gonna die or stroke from my delicious energy drink habit, losing weight will be the least of my problems - so I'll keep drinking em when needed  ;-)
4:30pm - home, and here we go again!  I don't know what the heck I was thinking not preparing snacks!  We come home and have a snack EVERY afternoon, so when my son grabs potato chips and is willing to share them, I don't even think twice as I eat a handful!
I TOLD YOU, I suck at this!  But... keep on keeping on, I will. 
5:00pm - dinner prep, super simple style! 
Bag of citrus chicken prepped Monday is dumped in InstantPot for 45 minutes.  8 baby red potatoes dropped into boiling water for 20 minutes, then smashed on cookie sheet and brushed with garlic butter and baked in oven for 20 minutes.
6:00pm - Dinner, 1/2 chicken breast with 2 potatoes and glass of water.
7:00pm - family game of Monopoly Jr before the disaster that is our nightly bedtime routine begins.

And, that's where we're at.... it's now 9:30pm as I finish this one up, starving, cranky and vegging out with the return of SVU.  To bed soonly (I hope) and off to live another day... chunky and hungry... 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Let's give it a go 2018!

So this is it... my umpteenth attempt at trying to maintain a healthy lifestyle!  Maybe this time it will be different... maybe this time I'll actually lose some weight... maybe this time I'll make it last (for more than a week)... MAYBE... In all honesty, I'm not holding my breath!  It's not that I don't want to be healthy, or lose weight, or that I'm not willing to try a bit harder this time... but, I never want to enter into a new year making myself some asinine promise that there's the slightest chance I can't keep, or it could ruin the whole year as soon as I fail in week #2!  And that's a lot of weeks left to suffer through as a complete and udder failure just because I'm better at being chunky than not. The thing is, this time it feels a bit different.  Possibly because this week's recipes actually sound delicious!  After nearly a decade of collecting and pinning and testing and eating, maybe I've finally found a good food plan...